Friday, November 13, 2009

Life: One and Two



I did these pastel paintings about six years ago in college. They were my final assignment in Drawing III class. The rules, create a series of two using items picked out of a grab bag for inspiration. I’d never done a series before and I’d never used pastels. Needless to say, I was a little anxious about how things were going to turn out.



As you can see, I picked a candle and a roll of ribbon. The pastels I used were Rembrandt Soft Half Pastels that we were required to buy for the class. I really don’t know how the work came together in my mind. The candle made me think of time and wind. I did a few thumbnails and everything seemed to just fall together. I decided to draw a picture of life.






4 comments:

  1. "All we are is dust in the wind" :)
    I like the work on the ribbons. Nice!
    -Franc

    ReplyDelete
  2. 與其爭取不可能得到的東西,不如善自珍惜運用自己所擁有的 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great art, I love the time element I may get back with you to do some artwork for the May 15th Prophhecy

    I became a fan of your

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these. I think some people might have to paint their candle burning at both ends.

    ReplyDelete